Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blue Cheese Tartlets


Blue Cheese Tarts

puff pastry sheets

1 egg

¾ c. emmenthaler cheese,grated

3 oz. blue cheese, crumbled

3 oz. spinach, trimmed (I use frozen thawed)

2/3 c. heavy cream

¼ t. nutmeg

2 T. pine nuts

s and p

Defrost pastry. Get all the water out of the spinach. In a bowl mix egg, cream, cheeses, nutmeg, and s&p and beat with a fork. Add the chopped spinach and mix. Roll out dough on a floured surface as thinly as possible. Cut circles with a 2 ½ inch cutter. Line tart cups with pastry (sprayed with pam first). Add the mixture about ¾. Sprinkle with a few pinenuts on top. Bake until the curst is golden at 425º for about 15 minutes. Makes 18.

I usually make six times this recipe. I freeze the cooled tarts on a sheet pan and then bag for the freezer. I put the pastry sheets through a pasta machine to get them real thin.

1 comment:

  1. Great! My sister is coming for a visit in Aug. so I'm planning a menu now! I can make these up ahead of time!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear if you made any of these recipes. And if you have specific requests or questions, please email me at
tommygirl at americanstair dot net