Thursday, June 9, 2011

Apple Toast

I was reminded of this appetizer last night while Genie and Micky and I were having a cocktail. It was the hit of a party a few years back and I had forgotten all about it. It will be on my menu list this summer, for sure.

Bread, toasted
Granny Smith apples
Sliced Cheddar cheese
Prosciutto
Apple butter
Pickled onion

Toast the bread and cut into three pieces. The thinner the bread the better but if you get the real thin stuff make sure you don't over toast or it will be crumbly. Spread toast with apple butter and top with a thin slice of apple and cheese. Wrap the whole thing with a piece of prosciutto and top with a little pickled onion. It's the bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear if you made any of these recipes. And if you have specific requests or questions, please email me at
tommygirl at americanstair dot net