Friday, August 26, 2011

Chicken Saltimbocca




Chicken Saltimbocca

Chicken breasts
Prosciutto (one slice per breast; not real thin)
1 t. fresh chopped sage per breast
1 ½ slice provolone per breast

Pound down breast to even thickness. Salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat 2 T. butter to screaming hot and cook chicken to a golden color, about 4 to 6 minutes a side. Do not crowd. Remove from pan and add 1 T. butter and 1 T. flour and make a roux, getting all the pieces of stuff stuck in the pan. Add a ½ c. chicken stock and ½ c. dry white wine and reduce. Set aside and reheat at service time.

This is where I stopped. I matted the sage into the chicken breasts and covered with same size prosciutto and provolone. I placed on sheet pan and covered. When ready to serve, I heated the breasts through in the oven; and the cheese was melted. I served it with the sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear if you made any of these recipes. And if you have specific requests or questions, please email me at
tommygirl at americanstair dot net