8-12 mint leaves
½ oz. ginger syrup (recipe below)
1 ½ oz. gin
½ oz. fresh lime juice
Lime wedge for garnish
1. Put mint leaves in a glass, cover with syrup, and muddle lightly until the mint begins to release its aroma.
2. Fill a glass with ice; add gin and lime juice and top with ginger ale.
3. Using a bar spoon, stir the drink from the bottom up to mix. Garnish with lime wedge.
Ginger Syrup 2 ounces ginger, thinly sliced
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cup water
1 ½ tsp. whole black peppercorns
1. Combine ginger, sugar, water, and peppercorns in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue simmering for 30-40 minutes or until syrup smells very gingery.
3. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Strain syrup through a sieve, transfer to a bottle, and refrigerate for up to two weeks.