Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thin Mints

Thin Mints

8 oz. baking chocolate, cut up
1/4 t. peppermint extract
a couple of candy canes smashed up
36 ritz crackers


Melt chocolate along with extract. I did it in a stainless steel pan over a pot of boiling water (with the water and bowl not touching). You could probably microwave it too; I didn't try. Prepare sheet pans with either parchment paper or foil. Dip crackers in chocolate trying to get off excess chocolate. Place on pan and dust top with candy canes.

These will get sticky. I left them out to air dry for three days, turning to expose all sides. They are a little time consuming in that you can't just put them in a tin right away but they taste wonderful so the dry time is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear if you made any of these recipes. And if you have specific requests or questions, please email me at
tommygirl at americanstair dot net